Neeed New Blinds? Scharm Floor Covering Offers Window Treatments!
As a local Des Plaines Flooring Company, flooring is our passion and our family business. We’re the flooring experts in the area, but that doesn’t mean we only install floors. We also install window treatments!
While windows are great for letting in fresh air and offering natural light, they can also make it hard to have privacy in your home. If you constantly find yourself having to hide away from the windows or are being blinded by the sunshine glaring through the windows, it might be time to install blinds or shades in your home. That’s where we come in!
Scharm Floor Covering offers a collection of window treatments from Alta Window Fashions. An industry leader in safe, effective, and gorgeous blinds, Alta supplies custom window coverings at an affordable price.
We offer a variety of styles, colors, and types, including roller shades, dual shades, wood blinds, vertical blinds, and aluminum blinds. We also work with an experienced and skilled installer who will have your new window treatments installed in no time.
Stop by our Des Plaines store to speak with one of our experts and we’ll help you choose the right window covering for your specific windows.
How to Clean Your Window Coverings
As with most things in your home, window coverings can collect dust, so it’s important to clean them regularly. If you go with a lighter color, they can also get stains or spots. In order to keep your window treatments in the best condition possible to ensure they last for years to come, we recommend the following cleaning techniques:
- Dust: Regularly dust your shades or blinds to avoid build up.
- Vacuum: In times when a deep cleaning is necessary, vacuum your coverings with a brush attachment.
- Hair Dryer: Blow dust off of blinds or shades.
- Spot-Cleaning: If your window treatment has a stain, use a soft cloth or sponge that is wet with lukewarm water. Be sure to blot and not rub to avoid damage.
- Thin Film of Detergent: For vinyl vertical blinds, use a thin film of detergent to avoid static electricity build-up.
- Bathtub Cleaning: For most honeycomb shades and faux wood blinds, immerse the shade in lukewarm water and detergent in the bathtub. Then rinse with clean water.
Interested in installing window treatments in your home? Contact Scharm Floor Covering today!